1.23.2010

The Husband Project



Charlie and I were at the PX the other day looking for reading lights so he could read during his CQ stints this weekend and I happened to stumble across this book. It was next to Fireproof and The Love Dare. I absolutely LOVED Fireproof when we went to our couple's retreat and we own two copies of TLD [so we can each have a copy to use at our leisure!]. Something about this book was speaking to me so I picked it up and decided [without flipping through it] that I was going to purchase it.

I've read only a few chapters so far and I'm already in love with this book. Basically, it walks you through a process [or project] for taking your marriage from ordinary to amazing in just three weeks. Kind of like the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, it addresses a woman's role in the marriage. What I loveloveLOVE about the book is that it's a Christian-based book. All throughout the book there are Bible verses and prayers that correspond with the Project of the Day. I really can't stop gushing about it. The beauty of it is that you don't have to set aside three consecutive weeks to do the project. You make the project work for YOUR life. So if it takes 60 days to complete 21 tasks [just by the luck of the draw and your own familial situation], it's still great! The goal: Loving your husband- on purpose and with a plan! It's not about changing your husband [which so many wives tend to try and do, so I've noticed] it's about initiating a change within yourself. It's also not about doing things in hopes of getting recognition for your deeds. The book references Philippians 2:3-4 [Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.] And I quote the book: "The Husband Project is as much about changing our attitudes as it is about blessing our husbands."

That all being said, I'm going to be detailing the book and my own projects as I go along with it. It's going to be fun! I can't wait! Here's a sneak peek of each other the projects:

Week One
Project 1: 30 Minutes Is All It Takes
Project 2: Back In The Day
Project 3: You da' Man
Project 4: Heart vs Stomach
Project 5: E-flirt.com
Project 6: A Little Hands-on Attention
Project 7: Trophy Wife
Bonus Project 1: Sex [how scandalous!]

Week Two
Project 8: Location, Location, Location
Project 9: Hi-ho, Hi-ho
Project 10: Dress to Impress
Project 11: Stress-be-Gone
Project 12: Gotcha!
Project 13: On My Mind
Project 14: Move Over Rachael Ray
Bonus Project 2: Sex [oh my!]

Week Three
Project 15: What Not to Wear
Project 16: Is It Getting Hot In Here--Or Is It You?
Project 17: Playing Hooky
Project 18: Dinner's On Me
Project 19: The Service Here Is Excellent
Project 20: Post-It Notes, Man's Greatest Invention
Project 21: Car Chases and Karate Chops
Bonus Project 3: you guessed it...Sex!


Stay posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...