4.24.2010

My Two Month Old...

Dear Austin,

Your mom pretty much sucks at life when it comes to being on time with updating about your growth. I'm sorry chub. I always have the best intentions, just no follow through. Please don't hold that against me. I'm just super scatterbrained at times. Now to the issue at hand...

You're momma's big boy. You're two months now. [Well, almost three now...] Where has all this time gone? I'm sure you're creepy mother has spent most of it staring at you in adoration and amazement. I, literally, sit and hold you and play with your fingers and toes and kiss you all over your face. Sometimes you love it, sometimes you don't. I'm hoping you keep loving it for a long while. You're soo good at holding your head up. You've been doing this for quite some time now, but you're getting really good at doing it on your own. No thanks to us, we don't really implement "tummy time" like we should. Whenever you're interested in something in front of you, like talking to someone on Skype for example, you stretch your head forward to get a better look. It's pretty cute. I anticipate you'll  be able to hold your head up steady all on your own in just a short amount of time! You still sleep on your stomach or on your side. So many people comment on how perfect your head shape is. I tell them it's because of your sleep situation. You may fall asleep on your back, but you wake up screaming within ten minutes. You hate it. I know we should keep you on your stomach, but you are rarely out of our sight and we are constantly checking on you so we feel it's as safe as it can be.

You are such a jabber jaws too! You're favorite person to talk to is Daddy. Anytime he wants to talk to you, you talk right back. I have to admit, I'm only slightly jealous. While you may save the conversations for your da-da [which, btw you actually said a few weeks ago...] you give all the smiles and giggles to your momma! It just warms my heart! You are really great at making faces with me! Whenever I frown, you frown. Whenever I smile, you smile! Sadly, we can never catch it on film. They're just tiny glimpses of your gums, but they're so adorable. We're sure you'll have dimples too! I happen to have them in my chin on both sides, and Daddy has them in his cheeks....you'll fit in there somewhere, chub...no doubt!

You still hate having your bare bottom exposed. During diaper changes, getting out of the bathtub, getting dressed, etc - You. Scream. Your. Head. Off! I think our neighbors assume we beat you or something. I suppose this makes me happy because I'm hoping you won't be one of those kids who likes to run around nekkid! But it really just hurts my heart to hear you cry. I don't like it. Not one bit. You've gotta get over that, kid! Sometimes you have to be naked!!! And speaking of diapers...we only used 'sposies during our trip to Texas ['cuz mommy is lazy and didn't want to deal with laundry while on vaca] but now that we're home we're back to using cloth! You look absolutely stunning in your cloth diapers. We MUST do a photo session with them! Sometime soon, I'm sure...

You're still a nice kid. You rarely cry and fuss and you sleep pretty well during the day. It's the nighttime that we need to talk about. Lately you're so into what everyone else is doing that you start to fight off sleepytime. We all know you're tired..we're tired too! But you INSIST on staying awake. You've gotta stop that kid. Mommy needs her sleep. She's working now! Your curiosity has brought me to tears a few times, even. lol

Nursing you is still my favorite past time. I love and cherish our special time together. Now that I'm back at work part time, I'm pumping and storing and also pumping during the day. I get so excited when I finally get to hold you in my arms and play with your hands and run my fingers through your hair. My favorite is when you look right at me and grin with me. I don't want any of this part to end! You're starting to get a little greedy too! You eat, eat and eat some more but end up filling your little belly. What happens then? You dribble it all back up and down your chin. It doesn't seem to bother you, but I'd like it if Mommy's precious breastmilk didn't end up splattered on your burp cloth!

I still can't believe you're mine! I'm so blessed that God sent you down to us. We love you more than we'll ever be able to explain with words or even actions. You are the most loved baby on the planet! I love everything about you, even the times when you make me cry! lol. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks as a three month old...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...