4.24.2010

So I Breathe...

It's hard to believe that Charlie and I have only been together for a year. Marriage and a baby don't typically come so quickly in a relationship. We knew going into every decision that it would be difficult and trying at times, but we were determined to make it work. We went to a couple's retreat funded by the Army back in September. That was a ton of fun! And we wanted to go again back at the end of March, but had scheduling conflicts. We learned a lot about communicating. Our marriage wasn't in trouble, but we wanted to keep it that way.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?

Yesterday I came across an article in The Ranger [the post newspaper] about a free marriage retreat so I grabbed it and checked it out. Charlie read it and was interested as well. Again, our marriage isn't in trouble but I'd be lying through my teeth [or fingertips..hehe] if I said having a baby hasn't affected us at all. I think we need to fall in love again. We love each other, but we've both admitted that it feels more friendly than loverly around here lately.




My husband is amazing. He's my best friend and I'm so blessed. Truly, truly blessed. He's given me so much, including my sweet babe, and he teaches me so much. God really did a great job with him. And I want us to forever be in love. I want the butterflies to never stop. So we're going to invest in our marriage, we're going to make a plan for how we want it to go. It's been said that people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan. And we will NOT fail at this. :D

So, we're taking a big breath of Oxygen...

[click the link..it's what everybody's doing..]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...