8.30.2012

Daily Devotional: Move Over Mean Girl

i've said it a million times and i'll keep saying it, i belong to the most amazing church. lake city community church here in lakewood is ah-may-zing. i'm part of a small group, solo parenting moms, and it's been a tremendous factor in helping me deal with my depression. upon the suggestion of some of the ladies, i've begun starting my mornings with some one on one time with Christ. spending some time in the Word, so that i can have better perspective on the day. that's one thing that tends to affect how i'm dealing....my perspective. when i'm feeling depressed, it feels like i'm the only person in the world going through it and that i have no where to turn, no one who understands. but as i've always come to realize, my Lord God is there. all i have to do is call out to Jesus and He'll be there to give me what i need to make it through.

{via}


today's devotional: move over mean girl. { from Proverbs 31 Ministries}

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me'"- Matthew 16:24 {NIV}

According to our key verse today, Jesus says we must do three things. But these aren't three easy steps. They are three shifts of the heart: we have to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Him. 
...excerpt from Proverbs 31 Ministries website.


+++

this is EASILY the hardest thing for me to do. 
deny myself?
DON'T say the first thing that comes to my mind? 
take up my cross?
take responsibility for what *I* may have done to contribute to the situation?
and follow Him?
let the Holy Spirit wash over me and direct my next move?

..gosh. that's hard.

because when my kids are screaming over what i know is something trivial {but to them it's the world},
when charlie is mean and hurtful and says something that cuts deep,
when  i don't get my desired response for doing something right,
when i'm tired or cranky or it's that time of the month,
....what ever the circumstance...
i don't want to.

i want to be mean too. 
that hurt i'm feeling? i want everyone else to feel that way too.
if i'm miserable, join me. be my company.

but that's not what we're called to do. 
we're called to be more like Him.
(but can you just imagine, Jesus flipping out on everyone? for a split second, that'd be funny.)

lol

back to the point.
(ahem)

kiranda...don't be a douche. 
get over yourself.  look in a mirror. 
and let the Holy Spirit dictate your actions.
let people see Christ through how you live.

okay. i think i can do that.


1 comment:

  1. i needed this. thank you so much. i've been feeling down/crazy even though i know how blessed i am :) and i love that "did i stutter". i'd share it on my fb wall, but, that's right--i deleted it this year! lol have a great weekend, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...