5.24.2009

In a moment of insanity...

Charlie was at the dining room table studying for his registry exam. I was in the living room lying on the couch reading a book. We were both silent. He started talking to the computer. [I'll never understand his way of communicating with inanimate objects, but I love him...] I looked up at him and smiled and felt my heart flutter uncontrollably. I ran over to him and hugged him and kissed him.

Gosh. I have waited for this kind of love for what seems like a lifetime. And I need to recognize my blessings more often than I do.

My husband is the embodiment of my dreams and the things I didn't even realize I needed or wanted in a man. If I had 10,000 tongues, I couldn't even begin to thank the Lord for this blessing. I no longer feel anxious about the future or wonder if he really loves me when he doesn't say it [which isn't very often as he is constantly telling me he loves me.] I trust him wholly. He makes me want to be a better woman. He is my biggest fan and biggest supporter.

He is the FIRST real man I have EVER encountered. This includes my father[s] and past boyfriends. I'm so thankful that my children will never experience the hurt, shame, anger, and abandonment that we both have had to endure as children of "men" who couldn't handle the responsibility.

I couldn't love him more if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...