2.21.2010

Happy Due Date Austin!

Today is Austin's due date. Yah....lol. I just KNEW we'd have him before this day came. I'm glad we do too.

We went to church today for the first time as a family with him on the outside. Everyone just LOVED him. They posted a large picture of us on the overhead screen and everyone just ooh'ed and ahh'ed over him. It was great. Next week they're having a baby dedication service and I marked that I was interested in joining in. Charlie has to work so that sucks, but I want it to be done. I want to step out of the way and let God direct us in raising him. I want God's will to prevail over our own. I managed to get a ride arranged by one of the other ladies in church. She's also going to swing by and pick me up anytime I want to do some of the church activities throughout the week when Charlie is working. YAY!

*le sigh* and my life wouldn't be complete if there weren't some kind of drama going on, right? Once again [surprise, surprise], my family is being high drama. My mom is leaving two days early all because I told her that what she said to me was rude and uncalled for. Never mind that it actually was...in her eyes, I was being sensitive and somehow SHE is the victim so she's leaving early. I'm too busy to cater to that kind of drama. I'm not begging her to stay. If she wants to leave, fine. Have a safe trip. I'm not dealing with it anymore.

I'll just be glad to have them out of my parenting business. They are constantly telling me what to do. Not just giving advice, but getting extremely upset if I don't do it their way. Not ONLY getting upset, but calling me a bad mother and a selfish mother; threatening me with what's going to happen if I don't do this and this; and just plain ole' making me feel like crap about my parenting skills and decisions. I can choose not to answer my phone, but with her being here they're able to check in on what's going on. Now, I'll be able to ignore all calls [via cell and skype] and just focus on my family. Don't get me wrong, I love having my mom here. I love her and part of me doesn't want her to go. But there's only so much a person can take, ykwim?

Welp...gotta go to the airport now. Peez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...