6.21.2010

Slightly Appreciated Hot Mess

I just LOVE staying at home. I love waking up whenever Austin wants to and lying in bed and playing with him for a few minutes or an hour before we get up and face the day. Literally, could do this all day everyday. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a job and all. Extra income is great, especially when you're super stressed out husband starts freaking over finances yet again. But there's no amount of money that could take the place of these precious moments with my sweet babe. And he's my first you know so I'll never experience this peace, if that makes any sense.


[and as i post that last sentence....he starts whining..lol]


Now where was I? Oh...right. Peace. lol


When I was young, my mom moved us up to Spokane, WA so we'd be closer to her immediate family. We grew up seeing our aunts and uncles and grandma everyday. Despite that, I spent a lot of time in extra curriculars and with my teachers before and after school because my parents worked a TON! They didn't have the option to stay at home and raise my sister and I. With Charlie being a soldier, that is a reality that we can make happen. I am forever thankful for his hard work. It's because of that work ethic and dedication that we're able to even consider making this a full-time thing. 


Currently I consider myself a full-time mom. I have a VERY part-time job at a coffee shop in Seattle but I work one or two days a week. I feel so lucky to be able to see my son on a regular basis and be the one who is actually raising him. There's nothing wrong with moms who work more often or even full-time. Nothing at all. You do what works best for you and your family. I remember missing my parents and wanting to spend more time with them as a child. I also remember always dreaming of being a MOM/WIFE. I'm so old fashioned sometimes it's crazy.


All in all...I'm just incredibly blessed. I have a wonderful husband, a wonderful son, and a great lifestyle...[even though there's a bit of stress at times]. God is truly good.






2 comments:

  1. I do know what you mean. I spent lots of time in day care bc my mom was a single parent. When my son (now 8) was born, his father wasn't working so I put in 50-60 hours at Disneyland. With my daughter, I became a stay at home mom after emergency surgery early in her pregnancy forced me to quit. Now with my youngest son (4 months), I'm working again! LOL I loved staying home with her, but I'm the type who NEEDS to work & be busy. If you read my blog, you'll see I have a VERY busy life LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog! I'm following. :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...