9.20.2010

A Woman's Strength

There's something about childbirth that reveals a woman's strength. To have the strength and capacity to love to create and carry and then bring forth a child...wow.

I was just re-reading my own birth story. I remember reading tons of them while I was pregnant. I love learning from other experiences. Other than the Bradley method birthing book, birth stories were the most effective in preparing me for childbirth.

I just can't believe that I had the strength.

It's not about whether or not you used meds or if it was natural or a c-section...all of that really doesn't matter in the end. Having a baby makes you a strong, strong person. When I think about it, I'd rather just have Austin on the inside forever. There, no one can hurt him. Nothing can harm him. I am in complete control over his well-being. [Of course...God is the ULTIMATE authority...just saying.] You know what I mean?

I don't know if there was even a point to write this post. I just read my birth story and felt STRONG.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. I am a stronger woman than I have ever been because I'm a mama now. I feel like a lioness sometimes, protecting my cub. I felt strong before him but now that's it my duty to protect, nurture and mold him, I'm supah-human. Yeah, I said 'supah'. LOL!

    ")

    ReplyDelete

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...