4.16.2011

Ok so maybe I shouldve taken it easy...

Hey hey hey! I've had to download blogpress to my phone since there is no wi-fi access here at the hospital. :( and posting from my phone alone would just be too much. Lol

So here's what's been going on:

Thursday, I went to class and was having more clusters of contractions. They'd start and stop and it was pretty annoying. I shouldve known something was up when I opted to nap through contractions rather than blog! (oh the horror!!) I took a long nap and finished my classes for the day and headed home.

My friend, Cassie, had been telling me to go to L&D for a few days now but I kept putting it off. As I've mentioned before, I'm just a few weeks out from graduation (like 6 classes each) and thought I could make it through. On the way home, I decided to just give them a call. I'd been having contractions on the ride home and by the time I parked my
car, they were coming right on top of each other and I could barely walk.

We got to triage and after three hours and a bunch of tests, it was determined that I WAS in preterm labor. My contractions were 3-4 minutes apart lasting for 60-90 minutes and definitely changing my cervix. In the two weeks since my fall, I'd dilated from 2cm to 3cm, 50% effaced and Bella had moved up to minus 3 station. But
my bag of waters was still bulging. In less than an hour, I'd progressed to 4cm (almost 5), 75% effaced and she was down to minus 2 station. At this point, there was no doubt I was getting admitted at least for the night and a few days. I had a ton of "bloody show" after all of my exams and was shaking really bad, which worried the doctors since that was indicative that my contractions were really putting in work.

I got to my room at midnight and had sent Austin to the babysitter (since we didn't know if I was having the baby or not) and Charlie went to get the necessary labor stuff (lip balm, cameras, chargers, socks, pillows and blankets). By the time he got back and settled in, I'd had a steroid shot for her lung development and had taken procardia to slow down my contractions.

The first night was pretty uneventful. I stayed on monitors and on saline to keep me hydrated. Bellas was doing fine and with all of the saline and the water/juice I was drinking (think two large big gulps every hour) I was peeing up a storm! I also had a lot, LOT of bloody show and at one point, thought I was hemorraging when my IV disconnected resulting in a large pool of blood when I went to the bathroom. I had visitors practically all day and it was just really nice to relax and not worry about much.

Hospital Stay part ii, coming up...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Could ya vote?
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you REALLY feel. C'mon..just TELLLLLL me. I love your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...